Thursday, February 19, 2009

Funeral Notice......

Many fans, friends, and a few family members have emailed me asking why I have not kept the blog active and fun. Well folks, I have been more busy than you would believe. We begin filming a new television series this coming Sunday. But most importantly, one of my favorite people in the whole world died last week. It still brings tears to my eyes to think about it.


This photograph is of a much, much younger Marie Price. Marie was my mother's sister, and died at the young age of 81 years. She went to Heaven in her sleep, painlessly. Marie, or Ain't Ree as I called her, was my second mother. All of the really important wisdom I learned in life, I learned from the ladies in my family. My mother, grandmothers, aunts, all these women made an indelible impression on a very open and fresh young mind. Marie was one of the hardest working human beings you would ever meet. When I looked down at her, as she lay in her coffin, she looked so tiny, so sweet. Her surviving husband, Emmett Price, looked old and withered at the funeral. He too has been a great influence for good in my life. Gentle, kind folks these. Hard working ranching family, always there to help others. I miss my aunt and intend to get over and visit my uncle a bunch more in the future.
Well kids, this is why I have not been posting. I will probably be away from the keyboard a bit more, but will try to post as I can.
PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt. My prayers go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the passing of your Aunt. Prayers goes out to you and her families.

    Your Friend, Rodney

    P. S. Post when you feel like. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete