Sunday, March 15, 2009

To my family, friends, fans, and readers of this blog....

I know I have not been posting on this blog like I said I would. You need to cut me a bit of slack. I also have not been answering the avalanche of emails I have been receiving. I need to give a few explanations, but will give no apologies. I had two close friends, and one of the women who raised me, die recently. I have been in mourning, and have not been in a good mood. I reasoned that I needed a bit of down time from life, and everything else that goes with life.


You folks need to understand another problem that has been approaching me on an ever increasing tempo. My sons own a motion picture company. They own it in name only, I put up the money, I make most of the decisions. Yes, it is a real company, and being such, it has to be fed on occasion. Well, right now we are feeding it to make up for the down time we have had recently.


We are currently involved in three projects that take a great deal of attention, and an even greater amount of time. The first project is titled, OUTDOOR SURVIVAL SKILLS WITH DUSTY COUNTS. This project has been on the boards for awhile now, and we have finally begun to film in earnest.


Filming takes a great deal more than just a four person crew doing the video and audio capture on site. We have to not only get raw footage, we then have to send it in to our in-house editing department, then after editing, we view the dailies, and if it is not right, we go back and do it all over again. This takes time, and it takes a lot of money.



Our company also has two immediate projects we are involved in. One is titled I AIN'T SKEERED, this is a comedy that is basically about folks sitting around a campfire, and telling each other scary stories. The second comedy is titled, MURRAY COUNTY WEEKENDS. I am not at liberty to disclose the content of this program, but it is very funny. This summer, 2009, we begin filming our first two feature length motion pictures. Yes, real live, big budget, movies. Replete with theater presentation, DVD sales, and everything else that goes with it. So to say I am busy right now is a major understatement. I am fairly well over my grief, and will try to put uplifting things on this blog from now on. I love all of you, and love the emails, keep 'em coming.
PEACE!


2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you are moving forward on those projects. You have progressed further than others that I have seen jump into the arena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the reasons we are still chugging along, is that we have our own equipment. Most folks who enter the film business either decide to go buy a camera and try doing it, or they get everything together, then funding falls apart. We are blessed with owning our own equipment, and having a very large family to be involved. We also are blessed in having several viable entities who are willing to give our product a shot once it is in the can.

    ReplyDelete