Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Idol Worship....

I receive a great deal of email pertaining to celebrities. Yes, I know quite a few, and most I met long before I ever got published as an author. From the bent of most emails, there is quite a bit of idol worshipping going on. Not just kids, I get emails from adults wanting to know everything I know about so and so....Well, ain't gonna happen, not specifics anyway.

I do want to let those of you who persist in asking know, no, I am not rich, and no, I do not hang out with a bunch of movie stars. Did I used to? NO! Mostly, it was my job to protect them. I still honor those non-disclosure agreements I had to sign, even though I was a cop most of the time.

I will tell you one thing to remember. Most of the folks you idolize are miserable, especially the screen actors. They have all your warts, and then some that are much larger than yours. You might also be surprised to know that many of them, even the prime "A" list movie stars, are always in need to gather more money. When you have multiple homes, a large staff, lots of expensive habits, it takes boatloads of cash to service all that stuff. When you own multiple homes, and you are a celebrity, you cannot just leave the house locked and only unlock it when you are staying there. People can and will break into your home and steal anything they can, especially if you are a celebrity, ergo, they have to have someone living there.

I do want to say one more thing. The celebrities I know can be broken down into two categories of actors:


Those who will work on stage as a preference, and do the big screen once in awhile, and those who desperately work on maintaining their status as a screen actor. I have found those who work on stage have a much firmer grasp as to what really matters in life.

Rock Stars? Known a bunch, worked for a bunch, jammed with a bunch, and they have their own world they live in. There are good and bad in all different categories of celebrities.

I know a large amount of celebrity types who are always broke, always needing an infusion of cash. They never learned that their hedonistic habits create situations whereby they can end up broke. This is more prevalent all the time. There are pawnshops in the Hollyweird area who specialize in lending to movie stars and such. Believe me when I tell you those pawnshops are making a great deal of money right now. When you can loan a thousand dollars on a wrist watch containing three thousand dollars worth of gold......well, you get the picture. This is the last time I will address this subject on this blog. I am too busy to answer all the different emails I receive, and no, I am not being stuck up...I just do not have time to answer all of them. I try specifically to answer the ones I know are from a kid, the rest I usually do a mass mailing as way of an answer. I have to get off this infernal machine now, and tend to business.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment