Friday, March 20, 2009

Yesterday, at Bill's Chester Fried Chicken Restaurant....

One of my best friends, a guy named Bill Mayo, owns a restaurant in Davis, Oklahoma. I hide there some times when I do not want to be bothered. I will turn off my cell phone, sit at a table, and become enjoined in conversation with another close friend of mine, a guy named Sammy Kiser. Yesterday evening, Bill, Sammy, and I sat discussing how all three of us are severely technologically challenged. None of the three of us would qualify to be a nerd.



The particular issue yesterday evening was the fact that I do not understand cameras. More specifically, my digital camera. I like Bill's digital camera much better, it uses 3&1/2 inch floppy disks to download the pictures.


I went to the local Walmart to buy some floppy disks to use, in case Bill would loan me his camera to take some pictures with. I like storing the photographs on the floppy disks, then later I can put them on this blog, or email them to somebody.




The helpful lady at the Walmart store began to laugh, when I asked here where the floppy disks were. She promptly told me, "Nobody uses floppy disks anymore, you need to get a flash drive for storage."


I got frustrated and drove to Bill's Restaurant to seek comfort and reassurance from my two buddies. They were absolutely no help.






I will be glad when I am rich enough that I can just hire somebody to do all this tech stuff for me.
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment